COUNTIES WE SERVE

Dallas | Tarrant | Collin | Denton

Bond Office Hours

We Write Bail Bonds 24/7

A-EZ OUT BAIL BONDS LOCATIONS NEAR YOU

Do You Get Your Money Back From Your Bail Bond?

If you get arrested, it is always a good idea to get a bail bondsman. If you have never been arrested before you probably have many questions about the process and the money, and how it all works. Here’s an overview of the process, and how you get your money back from your bail.

There are many steps in the process that can be confusing, and a bail bondsman can help you through it. For example, they will remind you of court dates and other crucial deadlines. These deadlines cannot be ignored, if you were arrested and you don’t appear in court for your hearing, you will be at risk of being arrested again. The process of obtaining a bail bond is not difficult, and this is another process your bondsman will help you through. How exactly do bail bonds work, and do you get your money back?

How Bail Bonds Work

When you are arrested, the court judge set your bail amount. If you want to get out of jail before your first hearing, you must pay this bail amount. Bail amounts are set with several factors in mind, such as the nature of the crime, whether or not this was your first, second, or more offense, or if you are a present danger to society. 

If you are a flight risk or a present danger to society, your bail may be set too high for you to pay, and they do this to discourage or prevent you from getting out of jail and fleeing or harming other people.

If you don’t have the money for bail, you can still post bail to get out of jail with a bond. There are different types of bonds such as cash bonds or surety bonds, and the type you get will completely depend on what bond option will work best for you. You can find out which bond will be best for you by talking with your bondsmen. 

Bail is the money the jail needs you to pay to get out of jail and await trial from home. A bond is an agreement made with money, so a bail bond is an agreement that the bail bondsman will pay to bail you out of jail. This is a great way to get out of jail fast without having to put up the whole bail amount yourself.

How Do You Get Your Money Back From Your Bail Bond?

How much money you get back from bail, if any at all, completely depends on the method of payment you paid your bail with. For example, if you paid your entire bail in cash, you get the money that you paid to the court back as long as you show up to your court dates and don’t get arrested. To get your money back from bail or to minimize what you owe, you have to be on your best behavior.

If you are out on bail awaiting trial and you get arrested again, you will not get your bail back. This will also make it more difficult to get bail a second time. If you miss a court date, you will also be denied the money back.

When you request the help of a bail bondsman, you pay them usually 10% of the total bail amount, and they pay the other 90% with the understanding that you will be on your best behavior, you will show up to your court dates, and you will not put yourself in a position to be arrested again. As long as you follow those rules, you will be able to enjoy your freedom until your court date.

Since the bail bondsman pays 90%, you don’t get that money back, but if you get arrested again or break any other terms of the agreement you made to be on good behavior, you will have to pay the 90% of the bail back to the bondsman. You also don’t get the 10% back that you paid since it is a premium fee in order to get the services of a bondsman.

Call A-EZ Out Bail Bonds

Call A-EZ Out Bail Bonds for a get-out-of-jail card at (214) 749-5600. We can help you get out of jail, and we will help to remind you of important court dates so that you don’t have to pay us the full amount. Contact us to get out of jail. Our bondsmen are available 24/7 to help get you out of jail and to help you correct your mistakes. 

Contact An Agent
Scroll to Top